Get Your Kids to Eat Healthy Meals
We all get frustrated sometimes that we can’t get our kids to eat healthily. We also know that kids are picky eaters and an occasional eating of greens will not make them a vegetable fan. All we need to do is be more creative and even use sneaky methods to get them accustomed to eating healthy.
It is a well know fact that children who have healthy eating habits in early life are more than likely not to suffer from obesity in their later years and the chronic illnesses are much lower as well.
Here are some tips for getting your kids to eat healthier meals:
- Process vegetables in a food blender and mix them up with your sauces and dressings. For example, you can put broccoli, spinach and kale in the blender or food processor and mix them up with a homemade pasta sauce or other sauces.
- spiralled vegetables are now a good alternative to pasta, use them instead of the normal pasta,
- puree some vegetables and mix them up with beef hamburgers. This method can also be used for homemade meatloaf and meatballs.
- Processed fruit snacks are full of sugar and preservatives. Invest in a food dehydrator and make your own fruit snacks.
- For those hot summer days your kids will be loving cool treats. Make them fruit and veggie pops by pureeing fruits and vegetables and freezing them in popsicles.
- Pack lunchboxes with kid-friendly fruits. Those little oranges and tangerines in kid-friendly sizes are always a hit, so include plenty of them when you pack their school lunches. Baby carrots and sliced apples with dipping sauces are other healthy lunchbox staples.
So with a few sneaky methods to introduce vegetables in your kid’s diet, you can rest assured that your child is getting all the nutrients from the vegetables you introduce in their meals.